Sunday, April 3, 2011

S03 E06: It's a Living



It's been far too long since we've had a theme episode, and so this week we're tackling the subject of work, while listening to songs doing very much the same. Enjoy!

PLAYLIST


The Vogues - Five O'Clock World

Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sixteen Tons
Lee Dorsey - Workin' in a Coal Mine
Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues

Elvis Costello - Welcome to the Working Week
The Ramones - It's Not My Place (In The 9 to 5 World)
The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Loverboy - Working for the Weekend
Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Taking Care of Business
Sheena Easton - Morning Train (9 to 5)


Dolly Parton - 9 to 5
Donna Summer - She Works Hard for the Money

Tragically Hip - My Music At Work

LINKS

Tyler's re-enactment group sings a song


1 comment:

William Robert said...

Good evening Alissa and Tyler:

What an impressive selection of songs! I recognized all but one; the piece by The Smiths. Yet, I think I enjoyed that one the most! Something to do with the dark lyrics to accompany the cheery tune.

Neither one of you should be the least bit awkward in social situations; you both have lots to bring to the table.

Most people seem to behave similarly. Young people seem to be more self-conscious, and confidence only seems to grow with age.

As for stress in the workplace, it is important to have hobbies and distractions when you come home. Children were wonderful to have around - always took my mind from work.

I believe that ASR had an early episode devoted to cars. However, I like the concept of having an episode focus on "road trips". Here are a few possible ditties to consider:

Born to be Wild
Carefree Highway
Ventura Highway
Running on Empty
Highway to Hell
Hit the Road Jack

Have a happy Easter,

Brutus