Wednesday, December 22, 2010
In what some marketing mavens might call a BONUS EPISODE, we sit down with SURP alumnus Adam Bentley and talk about his new film project, Call of the City. Wow... we suddenly sound like adults. It's a neat conversation about the draw of the city, film-making, and Internet fund-raising. Cheers.
Ohbijou - Black Ice
Ohbijou - New Years
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Greetings, all! We've crammed more yuletide tidings into one hour and five minutes than legally allowed. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas, everyone!
Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
The Nightmare Before Christmas - What's This?
Fucked Up - Do They Know It's Christmas?
Bob Rivers - Walking Round in Women's Underwear
The Ramones - Merry Christmas
Sufjan Stevens - It's Christmas! Let's Be Glad
Hanson - Merry Christmas Baby
John Denver and the Mupppets - Christmas Wish
Pink Martini - We Three Kings
Frank Sinatra - The Christmas Waltz
Christmas Time is Here - Colin Bailey, Monty Budwig and Vince Guaraldi
No links this episode, so instead, please enjoy this list of ridiculous Christmas song titles dreamt up by Tyler and his friends for the fictional holiday album, "It's Christmas":
1. Oopsy Doodle (It's Christmas)
2. Merry Christmas (It's Christmas)
3. Hey Santa! (It's Christmas)
4. What is that? (It's Christmas)
5. Cut me some slack (It's Christmas)
6. What’s that smell? (It's Christmas
7. Check the calendar (It's Christmas)
8. There’s no denying (It's Christmas)
9. I’m dying (It's Christmas)
10. If you insist (It’s Christmas)
11. Happy Birthday (It’s Christmas)
12. Ballad of the Turkish Midwife (It’s Christmas)
13. Wanna bet? (It’s Christmas)
14. Is it Christmas? (It’s Christmas)
15. This Year (It’s Christmas)
16. Only You & I Know (It’s Christmas)
17. Teach me how to love like you, baby (It’s Christmas)
18. Throttle That Wee Child (It’s Christmas)
19. Against My Better Judgment (It’s Christmas)
20. Snow what? (It’s Christmas)
21. This Christmas… (It’s Christmas)
Sunday, December 5, 2010
For the record, our clever little title for this episode in no way reflects a sudden decrease in the quality of the Awkward Silences Radio Show (I'm pretty sure that's impossible - Ha! *rimshot). Rather, this week we talk about some serious issues that worry us, like transit planning problems; leaks, freedom of speech and the Internet; and ups-and-downs of city life and modern society. All this, and a special guest appearance by Ms. Sally Struthers! Enjoy!
Crystal Castles - Crimewave
Sharon, Lois and Bram - A Train is Coming
Lissy Trullie - Self Taught Learner
Dido - Thank You
Our Facebook page is up!
A message from the Rapid Transit Director; The counter-argument FOR two-way conversion