Wednesday, June 2, 2010

S02 E21: Summer in the City


I'd type a proper into this week, but A) it's too hot, and b) I'm worried about getting Popsicle juice all over the keyboard. Enjoy!

PLAYLIST

Len - Steal My Sunshine
Dick Dale and the Del Tones - Misirlou
Martha and the Vandellas - Heatwave
Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again
Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
The Drifters - Under the Boardwalk
Rod Stewart - Maggie May
Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Takin' Care of Business
Golden Earring - Radar Love
Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark
The Go Go's - We Got The Beat
Sheryl Crow - All I Want To Do
Koop - Summer Sun
Toploader - Dancing in the Moonlight
The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

LINKS

Oil Spill Widget

2 comments:

Brutus said...

Hello Roz and Frasier:

Yes, you were "jousty", but that's why we tune in.

Lots of Bixi use in the heart of Montreal on weekends! WOW. Look both directions when you cross the street. Someone is going to get popped.

I enjoy the present format of your show, however it should be based on the time you both have to devote to it. It's a lot to prepare, edit, then air. After all, you are not confined to broadcasting commitments of precise blocks of time. I think it should be flexible. In a given week, if there is a hot topic(s) to address, the show could run an hour or more. Otherwise, you may prefer to do shorts of twenty minutes in length, especially if it is a slow week news-wise. Music is a great filler.

On that note, I really enjoyed the trumpet solo in Misirlou.

Thanks for another enjoyable episode,

Brutus

p.s. Wishing Alyssa an easy and pain free move to Hamilton.

MissWitczak said...

Hey PJs....

I know, I know,... you thought I had fallen off the face of the earth. And I had, metaphorically. Dear God in Heaven, why did I choose this job? I am so fed up and it's a good thing that Summer is upon us or I might just have lost my mind once and for all.

Such good songs this week. Although I always love to be introduced to new music by Alyssa (which is invariably fabulous!), it's nice to hear all these wonderful, catchy, Summery tunes.
That woodblock in "Steal My Sunshine" gets me every time.

That being said, however, I HATE Rod Stewart and "Maggie May" is an unforgivably bad song.

Admission: I snorted water out my nose when TW said that with Communauto he thought you could just break into any car. Classic.

You can use the word "Inhibitor", by the way.

"I deal a lot with nostalgia" sounds like some kind of weird, private-eye business card...What was it we were joking about on the weekend? Casual Tomfoolery? Casual hijinx? Something like that.

Only you could take something like great like swimming and make it sound like, I don't know, eating liver.

I vote for a hipster episode.

Love Koop, by the way.

It's time for bed, yo.